I love a fun book tag, and what better one than a coffee-themed tag!
1. Black: Name a series that’s tough to get into but has hardcore fans.
I could not get into Fifty Shades of Grey. I didn’t even get past the first three chapters of the first book. I know a lot of people loved it, but not for me.
2. Peppermint mocha: Name a book that gets more popular during the winter or a festive time of year.
I think the Harry Potter books get more popular during the winter. Maybe it’s the Christmas scenes, maybe it’s the cozy feeling it invokes.
3. Hot chocolate: What is your favorite children’s book?
I’m old, so Nancy Drew and Trixie Belden were my favorites!
4. Double shot of espresso: Name a book that kept you on the edge of your seat from start to finish.
A lot of books, but virtually anything by Mercedes Lackey!
5. Starbucks: Name a book you see everywhere.
The Wife Upstairs by Rachel Hawkins. Instagram, Facebook, Goodreads… everywhere!
6. That hipster coffee shop: Give a book by an indie author a shoutout.
Me! My Kissing Frogs duology, Eclipsed, Somewhere in Hawaii…
7. Oops! I accidentally got decaf: Name a book you were expecting more from.
Open House by Katie Sise. It sounded so good, but I was left feeling like the story was only partly told. I never really felt invested, which didn’t help.
8. The perfect blend: Name a book or series that was both bitter and sweet but ultimately satisfying.
That will always be the Divergent series by Veronica Roth. I loved the books, but I HATED the way it ended for Tris, even though I respected it.