Have you ever read a book and just had your mind blown in a life-changing way? That’s one of the beauties of books and reading, the way they can rock your world in fundamental ways.
These are some of those books for me!
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling: I actually read the Brit version first, and I fell in love. The books, and the movies, have become an integral part of our family’s fabric.
- Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder. This was my very first novel, read at age 5. It is what gave birth to my love of reading.
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood. This book really opened my eyes and rocked my world. It terrified me, even more so when I realized that every bit of it was based on something that had happened somewhere in the world. An important read.
- Arrows of the Queen by Mercedes Lackey. This was my first book by the author, part of the ever expanding Valdemar universe. I read it in high school, and in the 32 years since, I’ve never not been reading one of the books in the series.
- The Giver by Lois Lowry. This was a mind-blowing read for me. The world of The Giver, the implications of it, were terrifying. This book, and the series, really showed the reality that what is utopian for some will prove to be the dystopia of others.
What are some of the books that changed YOUR life?