NOTE: Click on the tag to see all 2019 challenge posts.
How about some mermaids? The mythology of mermaid lore is so varied, making these books perfect for all kinds of reading challenges from YA reads to those based on fairy tales and lore to paranormal romance.
- The Mer Tales series by Brenda Pandos. This was a fantastic YA series, set in a contemporary time. Goodreads (4 novels)
- The Madly series by M. Leighton. This is also YA and the lore is fantastic. Goodreads (3 novels)
- The Siren by Kiera Cass. This book is a beautiful read! Goodreads (standalone)
- The Waterfire series by Jennifer Donnelly. This one is on my TBR for the challenge season. Goodreads (4 novels)
- The Pisces by Melissa Broder. This is a great twist on typical mermaid lore! Goodreads (standalone)
- The Mermaid by Christina Henry. I love the twist of PT Barnum as a part of the story! Goodreads (standalone)
- The Real Mermaids series. These combine mermaids, romance, and humor! Goodreads (4 novels)
- The Surface Breaks by Louise O’Neill. This is a feminist retelling of the classic tale. Goodreads (standalone)
- Sea Witch by Sarah Henning. This book is the part of the story you’ve never heard, before true love’s kiss. Goodreads (standalone)
- The Mermaid’s Sister by Carrie Anne Noble. Are the fairy tales true?! Goodreads (standalone)