NOTE: Click on the tag to see all 2019 challenge posts.
Nonfiction is a genre that I have come to realize gets a raw deal as boring and stodgy. But that is so not true! There are so many books out there on every subject in the world, beyond your typical biographies and autobiographies and history reads. I’ve run across nonfiction even about mustard! So, here is a list of some interesting reads for you to explore!
- Me by Katherine Hepburn. I couldn’t not include this one because I am a hardcore Kate fan! Goodreads (autobiography)
- The Library Book by Susan Orlean. How could I have a nonfiction list without one about books? Goodreads (history)
- Brave by Rose McGowan. This book really made me think about a lot of things very differently. Goodreads (autobiography)
- Feminists Don’t Wear Pink (And Other Lies): Amazing Women on What the F Word Means to Them by Scarlett Curtis and Bronwen Brenner. Long title but a fascinating read! Goodreads (essays)
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life by Mark Manson. I felt like I had to add this one in here after the previous! Goodreads (self-help)
- The Little Book of Hygge: The Danish Way to Live Well by Meik Wiking. I am obsessed with books about hygge! Goodreads (lifestyle)
- Lagom: The Swedish Art of Balanced Living by Linnea Dunne. Lagom, too! Goodreads (lifestyle)
- I Work at a Public Library: A Collection of Crazy Stories from the Stacks by Gina Sheridan. Dear God, I was laughing out loud at this one! Goodreads (humor)
- Candyfreak: A Journey Through the Chocolate Underbelly of America by Steve Almond. It’s about chocolate. What more need I say?! Goodreads (food humor)
- Captive Paradise: A History of Hawaii by James L. Haley. I love this book and it is near and dear to my heart! Goodreads (history)